Monday, November 30, 2009

SPECIAL EDITION BLOG I: Art Institute Chicago


This picture seemed to effect me the most. I was blown away by how real the pcture seemed to look. The colors in this painting were so real. If I weren't sure it were a painting I'd of thought it was a high quality Digital image taken. You can see everything all the way down to the ripples in the blanket.


A lot of the works of art awed me. This one beat the rest, considering realism is something I like in my personal taste of art. This was created by Margherita Manzelli 2008. She is Italian born, in 1968. The name of the painting is Dopo la fine (After the End).


There is so much to analyze in the painting like all the others yet I'm still drawn to this one as my favorite. The size was enough to make me gape while staring upward at the wall. I wondered why the newest works of art seemed to catch my attention the most. It may be the fact that I've studied art history and have learned so much about the art work that effects and created what we see today...yet i never get to see what's "the work" of our time.
I very much appreciate the past works and think they are and forever will be amazing works of art. I also believe this will join the ranks as one great art work that may even inspire a new movement...

No comments:

Post a Comment