


Craft:
When creating this illustration, I used Adobe Illustrator again and the external pen tool to go along with it. To make the first picture of the actual post card, I only used the external pen tool and pad. I wanted thick brush strokes to outline the card while using a thin sketchy brush tool to fill in the grass and smoke. The second picture mostly uses the pen tool that is in the illustrator toolbar. I needed straight lines as precise as possible, so that ruled out using my hand to draw it. The final picture used both tools. The external pen to create lines to look like a trail and the toolbar pen to make more direct shapes in the background to fill in space.
Concept:
The Great Smokey Mts.
A friend of mine went to visit the Smokeys with family and I really enjoyed hearing about the trip! I was not able to go, but missing a friend and recieving the post card was awesome. This illustration was used to first show "Heyyy... I have a post card!!". Goofy I know but it was my very first reaction to seeing the card. This memory edition, I did not only wanna show that I can remember what is in my room, but how it's held close to me. So I quite literally started with the most basic object, the post card. Then went on to where it is located (my dresser on mirror), and finally added a bit of a twist to it.
Composition:
For the first picture, once again, is BASIC. I wanted nothing but a card and very small detail of the mountains in the background.The second picture I chose to only show my dresser (place of setting). I wanted it almost as precise as I could remember it. The final picture I chose to add more to the background to have less blank white space and show (without detail) the outlined ideas of other objects in my room. There is a small trail in the picture with a slightly transparent line and other versions of the postcard. That was done to show possible movement before it settled in the coner of my mirror. This was meant as a joke to show the card had movement of its own but I actually did move that little card to the spaces that I showed in the picture (in real life!).
No comments:
Post a Comment